Thread: grindcore
View Single Post
Old 05.08.2006, 08:57 AM   #12
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I have the Merzbow/ Shora split, that's very good. I don't think it's quite Grind though, definitely more Doom-y.

I get very confused about sub-genres of metal, it confuses the bejeesus out of me. Like the difference between death and black metal. And the fact that Cradle of Filth are often described as thrash, when they don't sound that different to Dimmu Borgir, who are apparantly Black, but don't sound that different to Emperor, who are apparantly death. Or have I got it all wrong?

I don't think Melt Banana count as Grind, but I don't know why I think that. I suspect it's because they're far to happy. They are certainly very good though, that much is true.

Godflesh are great, I saw them many years ago now, and Pig Destroyer were (are?) awesome.

What are Carcass, do they count? Reek of Putrefaction was a excellent album. Extreme Noise Terror as well, do they count? Again, excellent band.

EDIT: Just noticed the Wiki link, that's kind of helpful, and reminded me that Agorophobic Nosebleed exist and were/ are excellent. Still no closer to understanding the entire history of 80's > present metal sub-genres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|