View Single Post
Old 01.06.2009, 04:29 AM   #148
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Right. AC haven't lost their integrity, in my eyes, even if their sound isn't as appealing to me as something like "Sung Tongs" (which, admittingly, was the start of their mass popularity, at least critically; "Feels" was their breakthrough album, though I don't really like it...). Though a lot of people may point to the good production as a way of them selling out, it still doesn't sound that good -- not that there's anything wrong WITH sounding good! Backlash against a band is usually silly to begin with, with people falling over themselves to find anything to nitpick about. My thing is, AC still write unique and interesting songs with good melodies. I find that respectable, even when I don't always find their music pleasing to my ears. They're a lot more forward-thinking than most bands, to be completely honest, and perhaps the MOST forward-thinking band to actually be popular amongst a wide variety of people that are into a lot of different genres. They're a good band.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|