View Single Post
Old 06.15.2015, 12:37 AM   #46868
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I think Deerhunter is a magnificent band. I've loved them since their first record. They didn't have the flash in the pan stink of the Shins, or the utterly dismal post-breakthrough album track record of Interpol and Trail of Dead.

they're one of the only bigger name indie bands that still holds my attention. And I think they were the best of the 00's, aside from the older bands who matured and grew into awesome new versions of themselves, like Flaming Lips, Sonic Youth and Wilco.

Best "indie" bands of the last few years have been Black Bug, Dub Thompson, maybe Perfect Pussy, maybe Viet Cong. But those first two aren't likely to get a nod of recognition from most folks. But they're both explosive fucking bands.
Severian is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|