Thread: perfect songs
View Single Post
Old 04.03.2013, 07:45 AM   #768
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Sunn O))) and Earth just make me fall asleep.

everytime I put their albums on, I get very sleepy and doze off. I ama huge fan of white noise to help sleep. I love that static fuzzdrone....
because of this I can not be objective about sunno))) and Earth albums, and I still don;t know if I like them.
I once fell asleep to black one and had like a fucking fever dream, it was brilliant/horrifying, take your pick.

this might sound ridiculous, but ever since I was young I've always enjoyed drones in any capacity, especially fridges, because I've lived on a highway and I love hearing that, beneath all that cacophony there is always this constant buzz. so hearing sunn was sort of like a dream come true, I didn't have to listen to fucking VCRs and shit any more.

but then as I got older I came to realise the complexity of it, and they served as a gateway for me back into metal and simultaneously into the realm of avant-garde composition (conrad, young, dumitrescu etc.), so in that they are of considerable significance in terms of shaping my taste(s).

so yeah, one would by no means expect everyone to enjoy it, not because 'drone is so arty, brah' but rather as a consequence of the very concept of two robed men deploying merely bowel-rattling chords. to each their own etc.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|