View Single Post
Old 05.29.2012, 06:17 AM   #15934
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I can't think what that film could be but the great with Bava is he made films to suit almost every taste. There's the traditional gothic stuff (Black Sunday), the campy stuff (Danger Diabolik, the Dr Goldfoot films), the gialli (Blood and Black Lace), the artier, more surreal horror stuff (Lisa and the Devil); the ultra violent stuff (Rabid Dogs) and pretty much everything else.

I like Planet of the Vampires but don't know if I'd recommend it as someones first Bava film. I'd say Danger Diabolik and Lisa and the Devil are better for getting a glimpse of what he's generally about. And if you like the 60s Batman TV series, you really have to see Danger Diabolik.

I think you nailed all the ''key'' Bava movies there pretty well. Rabid Dogs wipes off Tarantino's entire movie career in one long, low-budget car ride.

Did you ever watch this short but sweet documentary about ''Danger Diabolik''? Interesting comparisons made by Stephen R. Bisette between Bava's framing of images in a comic-like movie context and ''Batman'' and ''Barbarella''.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...42787231129368
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|