View Single Post
Old 10.24.2011, 04:09 PM   #15
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Instrument is my favorite Fugazi album.

BTW, I have no idea what this thread is supposed to mean.

Instrument is awesome, but I don't count it as an album.

And I'm not sure I know what this thread means either.

Just basically that Fugazi had a better self-renovation in the 90's than Radiohead, who's considered the best-of-the-best (not just by mainstream, but by underground standards as well) while Fugazi is unknown to at least 70% of American now-grown alt-rock kids who think OKC was the most dynamic shift of the decade.

Red Medicine threw everyone off, and challenged absolutely everything. It was a complete distortion, and it was fucking awesome.

All Radiohead did with OK was get better at what they started on the Bends... they learned to conceptualize better. Kid A isn't a 90's album, so it's another story. But Red Medicine changed Fugazi front-to-back, and reanimated their music completely.

Nobody else took bigger risks and saw less reward in the 90's than Fugazi.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|