View Single Post
Old 02.21.2011, 04:13 PM   #63
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
that is what music does for all of us. however, it also gives you a new vehicle to define and understand how you have grown and evolved as a person. good music changes with you, because the artists are being sincere and reflecting their own individual growths as people, not just blindingly abstract music. Artists who chase that same sound over and over again are plastic. This is what Chino from deftones was saying about Jon Davis from koRn, like "dude, are you still writing songs about being pissed off in high school? Its not like we live with our parents anymore.."

music needs to stay relevant with who we all become as people, as life is not static and neither are our personalities, we are always a becoming..

I reckon this has something to do with not knowing exactly what songs or music are about, it allows you to transpose your own feelings onto the sound you hear and remember, which is the kind of music i liked exclusively when i was a teenager, and to a large extent i still do (I dont mind an obvious or corny lyric as much now). And when youre a teenager that assosciation between sound and memory is stronger and more visceral.

I liked Radiohead then because it gave me my own little world, where i didnt understand what any of it was about, but i knew that deep down it was about how i was feeling, and i didnt think anyone around me was feeling the same. Thats why (i think anyway) as you grow older and understand yourself more you feel the need to explore things you dont understand to find that another little world.

So in that sense, your man Chino from the Deftones had it right, which is why the Deftones are a good band and Korn are shit

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|