Thread: Anna Calvi
View Single Post
Old 06.08.2011, 06:05 PM   #14
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
A recording of Anna Calvi's KCRW session is now up at dime:

Anna Calvi - Live In Session On MBE - KCRW FM 2011-06-08
Uploaded by Nibbler

This is my favourite radio session of the last three she has played recently. Not just because she and her band played a longer set, but because i think it was a great performance and a good interview. "Morning Light" was absent this time and it was missed. That one was stunning on the KEXP session, i sort of thought it would fit perfectly in a David Lynch film. The pace and emotion of that song reminded me of those sequences where Julee Cruise sings in "Twin Peaks", or something.

I checked out some live recordings of her a while ago out of curiosity, and while i don't think she's as great as Patti Smith, for instance, i still find her music really swell to listen to. I snatched a couple Anna Calvi DVDs today as well, watched them and listened again to all the radio sessions posted here. At the end, instead of feeling boredom due to overexposure, i'm wanting more stuff by Anna Calvi. I'm in the mood for this.

By the way, here's a link to her vimeo page, the "Attic Sessions" mentioned in the interview with Jason Bentley are there:
http://vimeo.com/annacalvi/videos