Thread: World Music
View Single Post
Old 08.16.2007, 04:21 AM   #248
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat and beard
Anybody have any recommendations for a compilation of Romani music? My attempts to track stuff down at local record stores have all yielded fusiony new age world garbage. Can someone help me find the real shit?

p.s. I'm not looking for flamenco, though fine music it is.

It's painful to say, but the rough guide to the Balkans is a really good one. Some of those rough guides are pretty tepid, but there's some amazing stuff on that one.

Also, as far as strictly Romani music goes, you really can't go wrong with Taraf de Haidouks

Incidentally, I'm on a borrowed computer at the moment, but I'll have my own sorted in time, and I'll up some stuff of intrest then. I have some wonderful Aboriginal music that should really be listened to by other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|