View Single Post
Old 08.01.2008, 09:07 PM   #8
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
When I was 13-15 I was all about classic rock, Led Zeppelin, The Doors (no AC/DC!). Then around 16 I started getting into more alternative stuff, Pixies, The Velvet Underground. In October of that year I bought DDN. I was still heavily into the Doors at this bought. A few months later (December-ish) I bought Loveless and it bought shoegaze to my attention. Also around this time I bought my first punk albums (Ramones, Clash, Sex Pistols). I listened to basically these bands almost exclusively until my senior year of high school when I began to branch out in my directions and delve deeper into shoegaze, other types of punk and other musical styles. Also, during this time I discovered my love for classical music. And for the last 2 years I've been basically discovering new bands all the time and branching out my tastes into dub, acoustic and other genres. I foresee this going on for as long as I can sustain it.

Story of my life.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|