View Single Post
Old 11.06.2013, 12:08 PM   #291
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
But futbol is different than NBA, its less personality driven, and the NBA season is lengthier with more games, so mathematically the top-10 guys get that many more opportunities to humiliate your own team. So NBA rivalries tend to have more animosity than other sports, because the season is so long. That, and unlike other sports, in the NBA good teams tend to swoop on the Championships consecutively and sit on them for a few years, which frustrates other teams all the more, because each year their hopes get stamped on, again. By the way, as to likability, Lebron is actually one of the most likeable guys in NBA history, he married his high school sweetheart, he is a jokester, he plays team oriented, pass-first basketball, and generally makes his teammates better. So all the beef has little to do with his personality, its mostly just his stellar game.

The Football season's actually longer than the NBA's, although you're right about teams playing more games in the NBA. And I do agree about the NBA being more personality driven. You'll rarely see Messi or CRonaldo on a talk show. In certain countries like England that could be explained in part by language issues but even an English player will rarely talk to the their own media, and when they do it's largely stage managed by their clubs. There's a definite culture of suspicion towards the media among top footballers that doesn't seem anything like as strong in the US. When I think about it there's actually very few real media personalities in football. Beckham's one, obviously, but he's a rarity and perhaps significantly left Europe for the US as soon as the opportunity arose. Equally, the longest interview I've ever seen with Messi was done for US tv.

And on likability, I agree. LeBron James has always come across well in the interviews I've seen with him. He also seems very comfortable with the media, especially compared with most footballers.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|