View Single Post
Old 10.14.2016, 02:06 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
personally I think this is some lame nostalgia shit.. I have never heard a Dylan cover I didn't like even though I never heard a Dylan original I could tolerate for more than thirty seconds BUT this all feels like some lame, washed up, nostalgia trip on the part of the Nobel folks.

I totally get that yes the Literature Prize is generally a cumulative award, more or less a "Lifetime achievement" kind of thing, BUT with Dylan this feels somewhat feigned.

Dylan deserves his name in the American cultural pantheon, but this feels rather cheap. Same with the Presidential medal in 2012, I mean Dylan cut his teeth as a PROTEST singer and now he gets all this recognition from the establishment??

I know I probably sound sooooo hypocritical having just praised the Grateful Dead for keeping it going after 50 years but this recent trend of hero worship of rock star has-beens is getting pathetic frankly..

at least in the 60s when all the bluesmen were rushed out of obscurity and poverty by the new wave of blues revival it was paying homage to an honestly forgotten group of musical pioneers who had never really had the appreciation they deserved, with the way the old geezer rock stars have been getting critical praise and popular support to me feels like overkill, I mean its not like Dylan or Paul McCartney were ever lacking praise at the respective heights of their careers..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|