View Single Post
Old 09.15.2006, 04:29 AM   #15
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
dvd-rs would be lovely, and yes especially wherever thurston is involved, but on the other hand plain recordings, allows you to focus more on music and travel with it in your thoughts.

True that True that! That's why it's nice to sometime have a dvd-r to give you an idea of how a performance looks like and give perhaps new insight when traveling inside the mind listening to a record.

Speaking for myself: when I listen to those records of improv the visualisations in my mind are never really that abstract but more the idea of people-musicians moving and being in a zone themselves.
This I think for me is the reason I don't have the ability to perform music outside that of soundtrack sounds for my films.

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|