View Single Post
Old 04.12.2017, 06:04 AM   #196
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
Half Japanese has a new album called Roar Of The Lions. I really like what I've heard of it. It takes their "classic" sound and adds some new elements without losing the band's essence. I just wish they would get back to more touring. And it seems like when they've done any live dates the past few years, they can't be bothered getting the word out about them.

William Matheny: remember that name. Nothing is guaranteed but death and taxes but I believe you'll be hearing a lot more about him as time goes by. His debut (I think) album is called Strange Constellations, which is also the name of his backing band. Matheny is a first rate songwriter. The music blends country and rock but there's no bro country bullshit--more like a rock band that wants to incorporate some country without letting it take over. He is playing the smallest stage of a three stage venue Thursday (4/13/2017) night. I already have a ticket to see Jonathan Richman at the venue's "middle stage" and I hope to see William (whose show starts later) afterward.

Big Stick is supposed to finally have their new album out this year but since they've been working on it for, oh, twenty-three years or so, I'm not holding my breath.

I wish I could say I'm excited about The Fall's upcoming album, New Facts Emerge, but I didn't buy their last one after wasting money on the two prior to that. I think Mark E. Smith might have finally lost it--hope I'm wrong.

Re: Fall

I'm not positive, but I don't think I've purchased a new, non-reissue Fall album since Fall Heads Roll.

And I fucking love the Fall. Hex Enduction Hour is one of my favorite albums, like, ever. And This Nation's Saving Grace? Forget about it. Awesome. Pretty much all of it was so awesome for so long.

But I'm kinda with you on this.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|