Thread: Quick Question
View Single Post
Old 04.09.2006, 07:37 AM   #12
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Not sure what you mean by "all of this".

Identity in music genres and adolescents/young adults is pretty funny, sometimes "oxy moron"-ish.

We purposely tried to disassociate ourselves with the mass population because we thought we were superior and "being different, being ourselves" when that whole time all we did was follow one another without any thoughts of our own. Little did we realize the more we tried to differentiate ourselves with "popular culture", the more similar we looked in our scenes.

I'll admit it: when I was younger, I had the "you all are a bunch of followers, listening to brainless pop music and dressing all the same with your clothes you got at the mall".

We were the exact same as the people we despised. Only difference was the label that we had.

I considered myself a "punk" when I skated & listened to skate punk (alot of JFA, Faction, & SoCal punk), but it wasn't until Daydream Nation that I really just said, "who cares". It was then where I didn't want to be associated with any labels or scenes, although a couple of years later a new wave of punk took the scene by storm, the San Diego Gravity scene(Candle, Heroin, etc.).

I love the music and still listen to alot of old punk, but I don't like the attitude I had while being closely associated in those scenes, even the Gravity scene was very "snobby" and very pretentious.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|