View Single Post
Old 09.18.2017, 11:24 AM   #40913
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
my wife is the one who takes pictures all the time, i just deal with the technical & budgetary portions of it, and occasionally i get on the mood and profit from the gear, but i'm not consistent with any of it. there was a time when i could have gotten into it but now i'm all about abstract pursuits i think.

read on mcrumors that an SE update was due early next year so i might hang on to the android garbage till then. which is a pity! cuz the samsung phone itself is a GREAT value-- thin and a nice big screen, removable battery, SD card slot, good reception, decent sound + color, etc. great product, would buy again.

it's just teh unavoidable OS that's utter tacky shit for me. like, i had to change the horrible default screen (pink and lavender triangles) so i had to buy a "skin" that looks decent (some ocean photos) but does messages.... on white letters over yellow background. i mean. who thinks up this garbage!? white letters on yellow background. morons on parade.

so i guess i have to get nickel and dimed with more fucktarded "skins" until i have the right one. then some shit is android proper and some is "samsung" branded crap (e.g. "samsung themes", "samsung notes", etc.). then there's stuff at the google play store, but if you want some amazon stuff you have to install a special amazon thing and download from within there and allow root access which might unleash who knows what demons. is it secure? is it not secure? *i don't have time for that stupid shit*

i don't wanna spend time thinking about "setting up my phone" endlessly for fucks sakes. white letters on yellow background! i have work to do. and leisure to enjoy. setting up a phone should be neither. a phone for me should be ready to do the work or entertain me right out of the box, of after 5 minutes of setup tops. this android shit is neither. has more controls than a fucking spacecraft and none do much that's actually useful.

lol, ok, rant over. xD

mcrumors!

Haha. I totally feel you on all of this. I used to have an android phone, and I would just drive myself nuts with the widgets (are those still a thing?) -- like, they could be ANY size but the size I wanted and go ANYWEHERE but dead center, and they'd always move and stretch, and yeah, apps from all over the place and who knows what the fuck is what? I wasted hours and hours trying to get my phone "just right" until I realized that was not happening. Then I bought an iPhone and everything was just right already. Intuitive and nice and functional and all the apps are quality controlled (at least somewhat) and third parties have to abide by Apple rules and it was SUCH A FUCKING RELIEF. That was my first iPhone 5. I bought a 5s, then got a 6s for work, then got a personal 7, and I haven't always been thrilled but it's just infinitely better than the Android alternatives. Always. In, like, every way.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|