View Single Post
Old 01.14.2017, 02:00 PM   #42
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Haha i listened to the whole thing beginning to end on a commute.

I will relisten to the tracks you listed though.

Cool.

Also, y'know, part of the reason I think that new music in general has been so uninspiring to me lately is that I, for one, tend to listen to most records right around the time they come out, sometimes only for a couple of days, and then my ADD kicks in, or I just plain want to hear one of my go-to artists (mostly Kanye, Sonic Youth and DJ Koze for the last few years) and I sometimes never return to those albums.

Used to be a new album would come out, and if I liked it at all, or was a fan of the artist, I'd listen to it fairly regularly throughout the year. Even if I didn't like some of it. I think it takes time for a record to kind of grow its meaning around you, and that used to be what happened to me. It was really rare that I bought something new just to spin it for a day/week and let it sit on the shelf. I did that with albums that I thought were total wastes of time and money only, but now it's almost become my default.

Anyway, my point is, I think I (maybe you, maybe others, maybe not) need to make an effort to fight the impulse to access this 24/7 virtual library we all have in one form or another, and give albums a chance again. I hope you do so with an album by a band as worthy as the Lips.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|