View Single Post
Old 10.30.2013, 02:14 PM   #11
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
" The Stone itself could offer professional-quality lossless recordings for sale via their website and the profits would help both the venue and the performers. Am I asking too much? Yeah, OK, probably..."

Exactly how is that going to happen? Magic? You do realize there is no there there. There's no staff. A volunteer works the door. Who is going to sell it? There's no staff to fulfill orders. Who will drag professional equipment to and from the Stone for no compensation

OK, "professional" was too strong a word for me to use. I'm not talking about some high-tech reel-to-reel built into the huge-ass computer that defeated Garry Kasparov. There's gotta be some kind of soundboard into which a common portable DAT recorder can be plugged, no? And if there isn't, fuck it - the other day I was listening to Mars' Live At Irving Plaza, the LP Thurston and Byron Coley released last year, taped in 1978 (!) by Brian Eno "on some kind of prototype cassette recorder" (!!) and it sounds GREAT.

As for fulfilling orders, there's not much to it these days. You don't even need to hook up with kungfustore or greedbag - just set up a PayPal account, upload the files for free to SendSpace and with the SS Wizard software (also free) make sure people don't download it more than twice. Compensation? I'd do it for a can of Coke and some french fries.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|