Thread: The Eternal
View Single Post
Old 04.11.2010, 10:45 AM   #43
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
The Eternal is a great album, but it is far from being the reason why I love SY.

I do feel that it is currently the best "gateway" youth album. More than any other sy output, The Eternal includes elements of (almost) everything the band has done in the past. Yes, the Eternal is the first record I'd recommend to a first-time listener.

Yes, very true. As a representation of the more sublime, significant moments in SY history, it does not hold up very well, true. However, as I listen to the record, I recall this is the year 2010; I recall their early releases were made when I was still in my infancy; and now I am 30 years old; and I realise that they have just released a new record, the very one I am listening to. And I realise they haven't compromised yet their dignity or integrity, their artistry and sound remain intact; and for that reason alone, I love The Eternal; and by extension; SY.