View Single Post
Old 09.20.2008, 12:32 PM   #1
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
I made a mix CD a while back and one guy raved about the drumming on Rain on Tin. My response was: well, there ain't a slouch in the bunch of 'em.

Steve has got to be one of the most understated and unknown of drummers. I think its because he plays so matter-of-fact-ly. Its not as flashy as, say, Neal Peart but is just as good.

(I would say, once you get to a certain level of performance, one person really isn't better than another--its just style.)

But its kind of funny, I can't listen to the drums on that track. Or more specifically, I can't hear them. My brain keeps getting sucked over to the guitars even when I try to focus. Weird.

Same kinda thing with some Tool and King Crimson songs. All of them are great drummers but I only hear it as rhythm.
akprodr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|