View Single Post
Old 10.23.2014, 01:21 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The other night Mrs. Instigator and I were driving back home. We stop at a red light and I see that there is a guy with a cardboard sign and a backpack standing on the corner. He looked like he had been on the road traveling for a while and could use help, so I pulled out my wallet and grabbed a couple of bucks.

I changed lanes to the right so I could go behind the car he was currently talking to, and rolled down our passenger window. The young man comes over and only then was I able to read his sign. It read, "Christian, please help."
As he came to the window I said, "Excuse me, this is not much but I hope it helps." He came over and leaned down, and instead of taking the money looked at me and asked, "Sir, are you Christian?" I did not feel like being confrontational so I answered, "I was raised Episcopal."

He then replied, "Episcopal...let me ask you, do you believe that homosexuality is a sin and that God will punish them for their wicked ways?"

I was quoet for a second and said, "That's none of my business." while at the same time my wife answered, "No."

The young man then stood up saying, "I cannot take your money. I can only accept money from a Christian."

I did NOT say "Go Fuck yourself then you sanctimonious asshole." and instead just drove away holding the money...

My wife said "well, at least he stands by what he believes, huh?"

and I replied, "Fuck that dumb ass. Who is he to say his god did not have me go out of my way to help him out with a couple of bucks? It is absolutely UN-christian to not give charity and to not accept charity when it is offered. That brainwashed fuck doesn't even know what he thinks he is advocating."

I have had many many many run-ins with homeless, vagrants, street kids, gutterpunks, tramps, and drifters, and have never come accross this type of nonsense.

It reminded me of the joke about the god fearing man who, when the floodwaters came, got on his roof, and kept turning down offers for help from people in boats, the army, and helicopters, saying "God will protect me," until he dorwned and when he met god god chastised him saying "You dumbass, what did you think I sent the boats, army and chopper for?"

weird.

I surmised that he was on a trip across teh country doing some sort of missionary thing, but wow, ity really threw me for a loop.