View Single Post
Old 09.16.2016, 11:29 AM   #19579
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I grew up with the early Superman movies. Loved them. Even III and IV at the time.

The Dark Knight movies were all great for spectacle, all had solid acting and excellent cinematography and special effects. I feel like Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises were PERFECT "comic book" movies, and great movies in general, but I think the Dark Knight -- the one with the dead guy -- was a genuinely great film. I've seen it probably ten times and I never get bored. I think of it as a Copppla-esque tour de force. Closer to Godfather than to your average "comic book" film. It just went beyond ally that, and the result was something truly special.

Heroes... Jesus I forget what that was even about. Yeah, started strong, then everyone had powers and there were 100 characters and bleeeehhhh..

Jessica Jones and Daredevil are great. Daredevil is of course just Dark Knight light ... but it holds up.

I too am very sick of Superhero movies though.

I am wholly against the idea of a Justice League film. Gonna be a Fucking disaster. Those characters aren't believable on screen in a shared world. Marvel's good with the team stuff. DC is about iconic individual characters. If all the big DC cats could have a trilogy like Nolan's, with zero overlap, that would be just great. Won't happen though. Not in this era of oversaturation anyway.

I think Man of Steel was well received enough that a really well done sequel (like Captain America's Winter Soldier... remember that first Cap film got pretty slammed by critics) could have made for a good trilogy. But then BvS had to happen, and now everything's all fucked. That was a fun flick, liked it well enough, but it was also kind of an abomination. Should never have been.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|