View Single Post
Old 09.16.2016, 10:30 AM   #19577
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Speaking of comic book adaptations, upon recent reflection, I've been forced to admit that Marvel has DC's head in a vice with regard to TV. I used to think that Marvel only had DC over a barrel with the films, mostly because there have only been 4 good DC films in the modern era, and everyone but me hates one (Man of Steel), and the other three (Dark Knight Trilogy) are not part of the "extended universe."

But after really enjoying all 3 seasons of Agents of SHIELD (really quite a smart show once it gets going, especially the first and third seasons), and then comparing it to THIS goddamn atrocity, I've gotta say Marvel's kicking ass all over the map, in everything but actual comic books.

The offending atrocity:

Sweet seed of Satan this is terrible! I know Arrow is terrible too now — the first season was a fun little ride, but now it's jus shit — but sometimes Flash nails it. This thing is like pro-wrestling bad. Just stealing shamelessly from Doctor Who and somehow making it a DC thing. Yikes. What's up with "White Canary's" suite? It didn't get all messed up in some battle, nor did her hair become slicked back like an '80s lady of the night... No, it came like that!

Mumble.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|