View Single Post
Old 02.18.2007, 04:51 AM   #36
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
i LOVE everything else they have ever done, i am in love with Wayne and Steven, and their shows are complete bliss .

I just don't like the soft bulletin. Ive tried, believe me.

The Soft Bulletin is too overrated. It had good stuff on it but not a whole lot. It killed The FLips. Now they just pander to all the idiots who value SB over their better works (i.e. everything they made before Soft Bulletin). And that really depresses me because they had soooooo much talent for years up until they released that record. They needed to stay experimental (whatever that means to them). Losing Ronlad Jones really killed the band. It allowed Steven (despite his creativity and technical proficiency) to start playing that fucking synthesizer!!! I hate it!! FLips was about noisy guitars not symphonic synths!! It ruined their music!!!

I really don't like Dark Side of the Moon that much. Everyone hails it as the greatest Pink Floyd record, but I dissagree. It's dull and boring. Too slow and too mellow. It's music for burnt out hippies. Also The Wall is overrated as well. It has good stuff on it, but everyone treats it as some ladmark masterpeice when it really isn't!. I'm not the biggest fan of The Piper at the Gates of Dawn either. Overrated. Love Syd, and it's a great album, but that record gets boring in some places; tedious.

And a lot of Gratfeul Dead stuff. Tedious.

I too wasn't the biggest fan of Black Flag's Damaged. I liked only a quarter of the record, especially Rise Above, best song on the record. And everyone treats My War as some great punk rock achievement. It SUCKS! It's a slow, dull record with a lot of sludgy guitars. Anyone can do that! As much as I respect Henry Rollins, I have to say pre-Rollins Black Flag was better, but it has nothing really to do with Henry, Greg Ginn was the songwriter, not Rollins. Ginn just burnt himself out.

BUt I love SLanted and Enchanted!! Great Pavement record.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|