View Single Post
Old 10.16.2017, 03:28 PM   #408
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
oh Sev, did you ever read The Vision series that Tom King did 2015-2016? There were only twelve issues total I believe. I've been reading them via the recent Director's Cut reprints, so I've read the first four issues so far and they are just, well, brilliant.

I mean it's not a superhero story - at all. The short version is that Vision decides he wants to have a family. So he synthesizes a wife and two kids and they move to the suburbs. And then it's this weird tragic story about... well. Things.

I don't really want to spoil anything. I can only say that I really can't even compare it to another comic book. It's really just incredible.

Hmm. Interesting! They have that at my local library and I’ve eyed it but never read it. Not really a Vision fan at all.

But I probably will now. Thanks!

Tom King is something special.
This Vision thing you’re talking about sounds similar in tone to his ABSOLITELY BEAUTIFUL and HILARIOUS and utterly tragic new “Mister Miracle” run. Seriously one of the most unique comics I’ve read in ages. Absolutely devastating and sad and funny, and very much NOT a superhero story.

Starts with “Mister Miracle”/Scott Free trying to complete the most epic “escape” of his career — an escape from death afteran attempted suicide. Then it gets really dark...I would recommend the living FUCK out of it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|