Thread: Os Mutantes
View Single Post
Old 10.20.2011, 01:46 PM   #68
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
But weren't YOU the one who said we spoke Spanish?
Are you trying to confuse me or are you calling yourself ignoramus?
I don't think "they" (Portuguese) would consider themselves "unique" from North American Caucasians (WHATEVER THAT IS). By 'they' I mean 'us'. I think you're confusing the concept of "ethnicity" with the idea of "cultural idendity". But don't worry, I won't explain again.
But I think this entire conversation just illustrates that it's easy to perceive you as the sort of person that you were so concerned about not being perceived as.

No, I simply didn't know that Os Mutantes was Brazillian, honestly. I don't speak Portuguese or Spanish.

However, you might be right about everything. However, I'd still say that cultural identity is a huge part of "ethnocentrism", and that"ethnocentrism" does not strictly refer to ethnicity. In fact, I know this. It is a fact.

So unless you're arguing that ethnocentrism is not what it actually is, we have no disagreement.

However, I see every other point you've made as valid. And honestly, I don't see why we need to argue at all.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|