Thread: Avril Lavigne
View Single Post
Old 05.12.2006, 06:40 PM   #48
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
She will be forgotten, and we'll still be listening to fucking Boulevard of broken fucking dreams over and over and over and over again in the new Green World day Order. This is why Avril is proper pop - she is transient, she is fun for now, her substance will be found if we still like her in five years - she has not, and is unlikely to, slip into that most dreaded of categories: Bloke music. The endless top ten lists with revolver, Astral Weeks, London Calling and all that shit music which is somehow elevated by dint of men and their stupid, annoying opinions on music.

BRA-VO *standing ovation*

i couldn't agree more.

except i think green day are destined to be forgotten too, even moreso than avril. i mean, when was the last time you heard an emerson lake and palmer song on the radio? green day are now part of the arrogance and pomposity of pop progressive rock and cookie cutter hair metal and are doomed to be the butt of all music/fashion excess from years to come.

also, i take revolver over sgt pepper anyday of the week, the year or the decade.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|