Thread: Avril Lavigne
View Single Post
Old 05.12.2006, 05:54 PM   #47
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i think it's fascinating how most people into any stripe of rock music (being underground punk, fake punk, indie, metal, avant garde, etc.) feels threaten by avril lavigne.

this, from a girl, who roughly less than ten years from now will be as remembered as tifanny and debbie gibson, with the occasional oldies radio hits of yesterday spin.

(and in the spirit of Glice's post, this is not an attack to anyone, it's just an observation)

She will be forgotten, and we'll still be listening to fucking Boulevard of broken fucking dreams over and over and over and over again in the new Green World day Order. This is why Avril is proper pop - she is transient, she is fun for now, her substance will be found if we still like her in five years - she has not, and is unlikely to, slip into that most dreaded of categories: Bloke music. The endless top ten lists with revolver, Astral Weeks, London Calling and all that shit music which is somehow elevated by dint of men and their stupid, annoying opinions on music.

Always trust women when it comes to pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|