Thread: bandcamp
View Single Post
Old 12.20.2023, 11:52 PM   #624
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Continuing the physical vs virtual discussion. From Robert Christgau's newletter (bolding is mine):

Quote:
After decades of fielding promos, along with whatever you’ve acquired on your own, how do you manage your physical collection inside of a 21st century NYC? And are you happier now that most review content is sent digitally? — Joe Siiva, Atlanta.

With insufficient space and ever-increasing difficulty. Any intellectual my age [81] has to start pondering how to dispose of his library, but usually those faced with that ever-expanding dilemma aren’t also working full-time. I am. That said, it’s high on my to-do list and may even be something I want to write about. And I should add that as I’ve indicated before here, I much prefer physicals, especially CDs—in part because they’re simple to stick a bunch in a changer for an informal compare-and-contrast but also because, just as with e-books versus printed books, I find listening to streamed music different psychologically from putting CDs in a changer. In both cases I’m old enough to be somewhat disoriented by its lack of materiality.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|