Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 06.27.2008, 03:46 PM   #1214
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I like the Little Big Muff with my Bassman, but I'd agree that the green Russian's are a bit better.

They're coming out with a new Bass Big Muff. It's a Russian Muff with improved bass response, and a 3 way switch. The first mode is normal circuit, the second mode is bass boosted, and the 3rd mode is normal with some clean mixed in, which IMO sounds very useful. They're coming out in a few weeks for the same price as the Little Big Muff, I think I'm going to get one.

As for my other EHX pedals-
The HOG is fucking awesome. You can do a ton of crazy shit with it.

The Clone Theory is a little noisy, but I like the way it sounds. My only problem is that it is a bit thin and bright sounding.

Stereo Pulsar is a little noisy. I have it before gain, and you can hear the clock noise. Also it doesn't seem to have a lot of headroom, which is irritating, but not a huge problem. Maybe when I get a better power supply and cables the situation will improve.

The Frequency Analyzer is wonderful.

The Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai is a really cool pedal. It could use some improvements though. It's predecessor had an optional controller pedal that made using it live a lot easier. Also in loop mode, balancing the loop volume against the clean volume is a bit of a bitch. But overall it is a very cool pedal that makes up for those things in other ways.

The Polyphase is cool. 3 ways of controlling the phase- your traditional wave (you can do normal or square wave), envelope (the phase gets swept harder the harder you play), and expression pedal/CV. My complaints- no expression for LFO speed, and the phase could be way thicker sounding. Sounds better with my synth than with my guitar.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|