View Single Post
Old 05.11.2009, 11:55 PM   #52
Tickerwelly
little trouble girl

Tickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
Fuck, I know this is old... but... idiot.
Man, you can namecheck all the garbage you wa...*edited. Just realized this is two years old.*

Either way, atsonicpark, you are an idiot. Listen to In Utero. If you can listen to that without realizing that it is some of the most intense, visceral, dark, scary, depressed, and even downright fucking insane, in EVERY sense of these words, then you are an idiot.

In Utero was such a cry for help. Suicide had to be the only way out. After getting a heavy habit going trying to numb the pain from the Crohn's and then the media exploiting it to make him seem more unstable than he was while trying to take away Frances. He couldn't have been more fucked. At that point he would have been bed ridden and sleeping all the time if he didn't have the heroin.

His life would have sucked and been hellishly painful without the heroin.
His body would have turned to more shit with the heroin.
"out of the ground, into the sky, out of the shy, into the DIRT!"
"I lie in the soil and fertilize mushrooms"
"look on the bright side is suicide"

Radio Friendly Unit Shifter is a weird song in that it fucking rocks but has enough pure anguish that it should be unsettling.
"What is wrong with me?" Unless the song was humorless, I couldn't find myself listening to a song with these words in them and taking them seriously, but Radio Friendly Unit Shifter makes allusions to someone or something being a threat while Cobain acts as the infuriated losing party who wants us to fight those threats for him after he's gone. For a guy weary of giving advice "save your friends" snd "fight the truth" seems out of character for him. Paranoia? Schizophrenia? Claustrophobia? This song was full of confused emotional smoke and he never found a way to pop the bubble that would provide clean air. It's the clearest case for insanity found on a record but it gives me goose bumps and makes me want to air drum everytime I hear it.