View Single Post
Old 05.23.2013, 08:01 AM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I'm not sure I'm ok with anyone- not even the Stooges- using Ready to Die as an album title. For some reason it just doesn't seem right to me. It's one thing to cheekily call your album Let it Be and fill it with greasy sloppy American punk... Or to swipe a title from CCR and reinvent and own it so completely that John Fogerty himself would have to admit that you used it better. But this just seems lazy and a little irritating.

I am thankful for the Stooges reunion, but only because it gave me the opportunity to see them live. I'd rather they not attempt to add to their once perfect discography.

Their discography is far from perfect. there are some seriously boring filler tunes on Raw Power and Stooges and Fun House. For all the rightful praise the Stooges get, I see too many people ignoring their tepid filler material. They did not make great complete records in my opinion. (I know this will make swa(y) cry out his eyeholes...)