View Single Post
Old 05.10.2009, 08:24 AM   #23
ScreamingSchool
little trouble girl

ScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's asses
A Thousand Leaves actually turned me off to Sonic Youth and that's when I stopped buying every new album they came out with. I do realize that I was probably "expecting" something out of ATL and did remain a fan but my Sonic Youth Rabies had certainly worn off after hearing it. After reading some of the posts here though, I may just give it another listen. As far as Experimental Jet Set is concerned, I actually love that album. There is so much awesome going on with that album. I remember being puzzled by how different it was when it came out, but all those songs kind of instantly grow on you.

I do happen to be one of those heretics who could do without a large majority of Kim's vocal contribution. She had a FEW good song outings, but on the whole I agree with a previous poster; bad singing is bad singing no matter how thin you slice it.

Incubus is kind of cool. They're good for a drive on the freeway. They're a "radio band" but better than a lot of the other "radio bands" out there.
ScreamingSchool is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|