Thread: Isis
View Single Post
Old 07.19.2007, 10:00 AM   #9
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
their early stuff, they were very influenced by neurosis and talked about them on interviews non stop, aaron turner saying he wanted to sign them to hydrahead all the time. but, at the same time, they also recognized earth and godflesh as influences too.

still, i think oceanic has more in common with godspeed you black emperor, slint and mogwai than it does with neurosis. in the absence of truth, i loved the arrangements, i thought they lacked on panopticon and i was glad they got them right this time.

oceanic is like the best album of the '00s.

and neurosis are fantastic, they are way more metal than swans ever were, i mean, i can see someone say khanate are a swans rip off but neurosis? add celtic frost, discharge and king crimson and you start to get close to neurosis' sound.

even godflesh sound more like a swans knock-offs.

too (2) brilliant bands.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|