Thread: Isis
View Single Post
Old 07.19.2007, 03:57 AM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, obviously they were influenced by the Swans... but ripoffs? No. If one of your requirements in listening to amazing music is to make sure it doesn't contain elements of other bands, you're SEVERELY limiting to yourself to shitloads of good music. Hey, why listen to any music? "They're playing power chords! Fucking ripoffs, they didn't invent the power chord!!!" "Alternate tunings? They didn't invent that!!!!!!!!!!!"Obviously, I'm being ridiculous, but do you see what I'm saying? Isis are fucking great! And they hardly sound like a Neurosis ripoff. But either way, I'd probably rather listen to Harry Partch. He didn't rip off anybody!!!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|