View Single Post
Old 04.16.2014, 07:15 AM   #472
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
of course it's bad that you don't care about something related to ILLMATIC. That said, here's my thoughts after a full listen last night:

Quote:
On one hand, I'm thrilled. On the other, I'm let down.

Illmatic is one of the absolute best 90's hip hop albums. Hands down. It's rare that an album makes you feel like "damn, this is too short."

The 20th anniversary edition should have been even bigger than it is. The bonus disc is only 10 tracks. Several of the remixes have already appeared on the From Illmatic To Stillmatic EP and the 10th anniversary bonus EP. So die-hards have em. The freestyle included is amazing. The inclusion of "I'm a Villain" from his 91 demo is awesome... but where's the rest of the demo tape??? Where's "One on One" from the Street Fighter soundtrack? Where's "Live at the BBQ" and "Back to the Grill"? This reissue could have been a sprawling 3-disc affair that really showcased the full legacy of this album.

Maybe for the 30th anniversary...