View Single Post
Old 11.12.2017, 09:43 PM   #21837
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Full agreement from me about Clementine being his masterpiece and Fonda his greatest actor. Fonda had that complexity: that mix of old-world chivalry with a more contemporary hardness.As for Clementine, just a thing of beauty from beginning to end

More agreement. I think Cazale is now recognised as the great lost actor of that generation. All the big names knew about him and recognised his talent.

The obvious thing is to imagine some glittering career waiting for him but I suspect his sheer eccentricity would've always kept him at the cult level. But he could act alongside guys like DeNiro, Pacino and you'd still find yourself watching him rather than them. A true one-off.

I've read that Meryl Streep, his girlfriend till he died, took some pretty major career defining roles, just to pay his medical bills.

Yeah I ageee - I couldn’t see Cazale being a star with the iconic roles. He was always the great supporting actor but added so much weight. I still can’t help but fantasize a situation where he had he lead. Like Stanton and Paris, Texas. Would’ve been a site to see.

And about Streep - there’s also that story about Dustin Hoffman whispering Cazale’s name after he died to her to try and milk a good performance. Kramer vs Kramer I think. First off she didn’t need it and second fuck him. He couldn’t touch Cazale.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|