View Single Post
Old 06.13.2013, 10:52 PM   #41
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Got the new one wednesday, listened it yesterday...well, it of course not rises to level of the classic albums but I really love it just because itīs so great to hear Ozzies voice & Iommis riffs & sounds together again! I donīt have nothing against Geezer`s sounds in the seventies, but bass sounds in this album are much more the favour of mine! The whole production doesnīt sound so clean, maybe itīs because I listened it from the vinyl. My favourites at the moment are: End of the beginning, Zeitgeist (yes, this really could have been Planet Caravan part 2, I think this is the greatest song in this album), Damaged Soul & Dear Father. There are lots of old elements in this album, but in the same time this sounds BS 2013. I think Rubin has been just the right producer. I think BS managed their "comeback album" much better than Stooges has done in their both after seventies albums.

I really like the cover, quite simple but very effective (I really like also the dark trees in the backside) & I am really glad they put original spiral vertigo logos to the labels!

BTW It was really big suprise that Bill Ward isnīt on the album, but after listening I donīt miss him, because Brad Wilk does as great job!

BTW2 there are storm sounds and bell in the end like there are in the beginning of their first album. Their last studio album?
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|