View Single Post
Old 03.01.2007, 08:49 PM   #24
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I've thought about this quite a bit. As someone who played in a band in the '80s-90s that have since been described as part of a 'noise' scene, I do wonder what happened to it.

I suppose Britain is as trend-driven as ever and that 'noise' simply hasn't been 'trendy' for a good while now. Also, when I was playing, the 'noise' scene was still pretty much tied to the indie/punk thing but, by the early 90s had drifted largely into the regions of Free Jazz, Electronica and Metal, which largely alienated those like myself who remain at heart 'rock n roll' types.

By moving on, Noise in Britain gained a lot but (IMO) in doing so also entered something of its own cultural cul-de-sac.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|