View Single Post
Old 04.15.2018, 09:13 PM   #31
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I like their more recent stuff as well. I’ve taken a bit of shit for liking Fall Heads Roll because “Blindness” was featured in some commercial. I couldn’t give less of a shit. It’s a properly ass-kicking song from an ass-kicking album from a band that’s been incredibly consistent for how completely inconsistent they’ve been personnel-wise.
missed this....fall heads roll for some reason I'm not the biggest fan of, the songs are routinely excellent but the production is weird, heavy on these really thick sounds that are mixed as to be thin? doesn't make much sense. and the takes on the tracks feel really sluggish, especially what about us (much preferred the live versions with the reformation group). but midnight aspen is astonishing, and have a real soft spot for break the rules, ride away's sick too. closer is one of the worst fall songs ever put to tape though.

new facts emerge is similar to me, interesting songs but they're made middling by the production which makes them sound like a drowning pub rock band. re-mit's fun though, yfoc obviously great (weather report's a wonder) and sub-lingual tablet has some real highs. ersatz is weird, think my enjoyment of it's largely perverse but it's just got such an odd, erratic atmosphere that it overcomes how trashy it is. will also defend reformation endlessly, total rush job but that line-up was really something special, and all the tracks tim presley chucked onto those later records were all top.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|