View Single Post
Old 09.22.2014, 08:00 AM   #1168
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Midnight Marauders is my favorite hip hop LP of all time, so maybe biased. But I think it birthed a whole sound. I think it is the blueprint for Illmatic and The Infamous. It inspired so much else - The Roots, et al.

Thing is sure, Low End was more innovative, but MM is the beginning of the sound that classic 90's NY records followed. Yeah?

Yeah.

I was also going to mention that MM is the best and most notable high-profiile album to contain multiple/sequential "skits" all based on the same concept. Those skits, as I'm sure you all would agree, are fucking awesome, and precedent setting, though they were never really replicated or duplicated by any following album.

Conceptually, MM is more fully realized than Low End, though they're both extremely great albums.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|