View Single Post
Old 08.18.2012, 01:02 AM   #16135
HenryHill51
little trouble girl

HenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Talking about ''rape and revenge'' movies, I like Abel Ferrara's ''Ms. 45'' and I've never watched any of his other movies. Any recommendations are super welcome.

Huge Fererra fan here. I'm probably in the minority, but one of my faves is "Dangerous Game" aka Snake Eyes from 1992 with Keitel and Madonna. It's a gruesome psychological study about a director and his two actors whose personal lives violently blur with the film they're working on. There are one or two scenes so tough to watch.... its a masterpiece that got shat upon when it was released.

I also really love "The Funeral", but both of these are not goood starting points for his work. I'd recommend "Bad Lt.", "King of New York" or "R-Xmas" as better places to start. And damn it, I'm still looking for a copy of his still unreleased "Mary" or "Go Go Tales" if anyone knows......
HenryHill51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|