View Single Post
Old 09.02.2017, 08:10 PM   #40891
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah yeah. i just wanted to make it clear that just because we're in agreement about the public confessional i wasn't aligning myself with your opinion of aa/na

first of all because i have no experience of them. second, because the perfect is the enemy of the good and somebody may want to try it and who am i to say?

also because it's clear to us they're not the same thing, but other people might conflate them from our discussion.

Sure sure, I gotcha. Sorry for digressing.

My issue is mostly with "institution" of rehab and "recovery," and the fact that those institutions use NA/AA as a central bit of connecting tissue between one fraudulent part of their schemes and another (never send a relative to "sober housing" for the love of god. Never.) I'm sure NA/AA in their own can be helpful for a lot of folks. I just happen to come from an area with astronomical overdose and abuse rates, so naturally I've seen friends and family members go through the system, and "rehab" is a sordid and predatory industry in my opinion. What these people need is help that, like, doesn't come in the form of seclusion and self-deception, and doesn't feed off of the eventual, inevitable relapse that comes from 98% of addicts.
Insurance companies and doctors are very much to blame in my opinion as well.

ANYHOO...
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|