View Single Post
Old 02.19.2014, 09:17 AM   #77
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Heavenmetal is the weakest song of CLM-album. Iīm not very interesting about the videos, but to me that new vid seems like the videos of "Indie" today. Not bad, not really great. I donīt have no idea why Thurston made video from Heavenmetal instead for example Detonation. Maybe he thought HM had more commercial potential? I donīt think there is, Heavenmetal sounded to me already at first more of idea of song than a full song.

But anyway I donīt still have any reason to hate Thurston or SY. I still love all SY-albums (some more than the other) and think all the solo material is not as great as SY-material (Kim in Coming Apart, Lee in Glacial & Thurston in Moore/Connors-collaboration -albums are closest to SY). I think Thurstonīs Psychic, Trees, Demolished & CLM are quite same level of goodness. I have to agree about many of here that Thurstonīs greatness seem to be at the moment in improvisation more than songwriting.

About RR & Eternal, I think they both were hated here. Maybe RR a little more (when I started here it seemed you couldnīt like RR at all if you wanted to be seriusly taken SY-fan, Iīm glad It has changed and now there are both RR & Eternal likers). I have noticed mostly same persons hate RR and like Eternal and also backwards.

Almost every artist who has a long career, started to do same song again & again. The thing is that some can do it interesting way. Thurston didnīt do it interesting way in Heavenmetal, but I think itīs ok song because it sounds really Thurston. If someone else did same kind of song, everybody would said youīve copied Thurston. And I think every other song in CLM album are enough interesting to me. Like Chris, I think Heavenmetal works the best when itīs in that additional single.

Are you critical about the music, I think itīs nothing to do about are you a fan of SY. But I think the people here (and also elsewhere) who think theyīre very critical about the music, donīt admit thereīs a lotīs of other things as quality of music that influence about their opinions of music.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|