View Single Post
Old 04.25.2011, 08:22 AM   #29
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
As it should to any believer my Sonic Sister!

It's the most important day in history! "IT" being the death and resurrection......neither having ANYTHING to do with Easter (the early Christians knew of no such thing).

Hebrews 2:14 (King James Version) - 14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

I have minor issues with, "three days and three nights." Christian tradition says the crucifixion occurred Friday just before dark and the resurrection occurred Sunday morning. That's just 36 hours and in no way do I see "three days and three nights" taking part in 36 hours. From what I've read and studied, I lean more toward a Wednesday crucifixion with a Saturday night resurrection.

Without the belief that Jesus died and then rose again......there is no such thing as Christianity.

1 Corinthians 15:3-23 (King James Version)

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

This is a wonderful post. Thanks

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|