Thread: lucid dreams
View Single Post
Old 08.14.2007, 01:29 PM   #18
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
I think this is a topic of debate among whoever the professionals are that study this sort of thing. If the eye movement measurement is valid, then it really is interesting. I haven't looked this stuff up in a while, but my impression is that the actual measurement taken that makes lucid dreaming anything more than a pipe dream is under heavy fire.

With that said, I've had maybe ten clear cut lucid dreams, as far as I know. Most of them were very brief and involved removing myself from a nightmare - but maybe three or four were longer lasting and more interesting.

This stuff needs to be taken with a grain of salt though. I mean if it was real, don't you think there would be actual flourishing lucid dream academies by now? I currently tend to lean towards the idea that you realize you are dreaming is still just a part of the dream and that no real awakening actually occurs.
Kloriel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|