View Single Post
Old 10.24.2007, 09:42 AM   #38
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
It's not the original, but it's not that bad. Besides, it was cool to get a new song, even if it isn't the best song, when The Singles came out. I bought the cassette.

Anyway, I didn't feel as cheated because I feel that the slower song version isn't all that bad.

I think the members of The Police, and this is evident in some of their interviews in '83 and also on the VH-1 press conference preceding the 2007 tour, mutually decided to disband. They had conquered the world and were just plain tired of world-touring, and even recording by then. The Police were the pioneers in bringing live western rock music to many areas of the world that never had been exposed previously.

Man I LOVE The Police. I love all their music, but when I heard that "adult contemporary" mix of Don;t Stand So Close To Me it ripped my heart out.
then to have stuart copeland and andy say that it was all Sting;'s doing, by himself in the studio, then to hear them say that he, sting, was the one that decided to split off from the police, not a mutual decision...

oh man.