View Single Post
Old 08.13.2013, 06:06 PM   #3148
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

... Grudgingly, though. I don't like being sucked into these soon to be cinematic abortions, especially being a late-comer. It's obviously a first "novel," but there is a sense of classic science fiction tension that reminds me of the '60s and '70s writing I enjoy so much. It is hard to put down, I'll give it that.. But it only takes a few chapters before its literary influences become painfully clear.

I'm really just filling the space between, here. I plan on re-reading Bradbury's Greentown trilogy here soon, and I recently finished the new Gaiman, which lead to an enjoyable umpteenth time through all the old Gaiman I have. Never where seems to be losing some of its menace, but mostly, the oldies are holding up well for Mr. Amanda Palmer.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|