View Single Post
Old 11.08.2011, 05:04 PM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
It's called Parallax and...... I'm afraid it kinda blows.

Its cover kind of dooms it from the start. Looks like the cover of a Muse album mated with the cover of a Frank Sinatra album and then malnourished the child that came out.

But covers aside, the album, upon first listen, is not really doing it for me. Logos had that wonderful "Quick Canal" tune that made the whole album, and great pop tunes like "Sheila". This just sounds like bored Deerhunter.

I'm a big fan of both Deerhunter and AS and Bradford Coxon in general, but after one complete listen, nothing on Parallax has made me stop and take notice.

Anyone heard it? Have thoughts? The pitchforkmedia types will love it based on presupposition, but I know Coxon is capable of higher quality work than this.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|