View Single Post
Old 10.30.2017, 07:08 PM   #21821
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Godard is great when your young. He’s like reading the Beats. Soon you see that beneath all the flash there’s not really much there. I have a major soft spot for films like Pierrot le fou, Contempt and Vivre sa vie because they were the first “art house” films I got into but they don’t rank as high anymore. I think he theorized way too much about the criteria needed to be an artist before he bothered trying to be one. And most of his “innovations” aren’t really innovative after you watch a few of the great silent classics... Did anyone see the 3D film he put out? It looked batshit.

It’s funny Truffaut is being argued now. I’ve got 400 Blows in rotation just to give Truffaut another chance. I haven’t seen it in a looooong time and it is about time to reevaluate.

Last film I watched: The White Sheik. Fellini’s first solo feature. Never thought I’d see a boring Fellini film but now I have. But what can I say it still had hints of that great Fellini humor and a fun cameo from Masina as a prostitute that would end up being Cabiria in the great Nights of Cabiria.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|